- Reference view that replicates canvas movements, in order to always focus on the portion of the image we are currently working on. You can see a simple demonstration here.
- Video export of drawing process into an avi video file: ready to upload it on YouTube, Vimeo or other web video sharing platforms. (**)
- Multiple layers.
- Ability to vary stroke size and/or opacity according to pen pressure (supports Wacom digitizers and tablets with Wacom technologies, like ASUS VivoTab note 8 ***)
- Replay of drawing process.
- Import/export of the whole drawing process.
- Loading and saving of most common image formats (jpg, png, tif, tga, dds).
- Canvas rotation.
- Canvas horizontal flip.
- Selection mask.
- Image crop: watch demo.
- Perspective grid overlay: watch demo.
- Brush library: possibility to choose among different brushes, import new brushes and even to define new custom brushes: watch demo.
- Mirror tool: to create horizontally mirrored images (useful for symmetrical shapes or drawing faces) or radial repetitions of a pattern, like in mandala paintings: watch demo.
Example of a drawing process exported with SpeedyPainter:
(*) Go to the download page for the XP version.
(**) The video export dialog allows to choose among different video formats and codecs. I suggest to install the Xvid video codec in order to obtain a good compromise between video quality and the size of the resulting video file.
(***) To take advantage of pressure-sensitive features on Wacom enabled tablets, it is recommended to install the Wacom feel driver.