speedypainter (SP) will not run

speedypainter (SP) will not run

Postby hermoye » 03/06/2014, 9:53

Hello ,
I downloaded from your website and run the installer without problem , to the end .
When I clic the icon I get a SP box message : Program cannot function and then another Box saying that Windows is trying to find a solution ....who does not come.

I run official W7 with SP1 and all updates installed . I run it on a fast separate test CPU (Giada)with SSD 128GB -no disc -only two other small programs installed

After googling I learned that my hardware must be OpenGL compatible , good question :-)) I downloaded GPU caps viewer who provides a lot of info which
I cannot interpret.
OpenGL screen on Giada screen extract : GDI generic version 1.1.0 openGL memory :blank openGL extensions :2 (GL=2,WGL=0)
GL_EXT_bgra(0penGL 1.2) GL_WIN_swap_hint

Also I learned I need Visual Studio C++ installed . I had versions 8 and 10 installed so to eliminate a possible conflict I removed all versions and reinstalled
version 2010 from Microsoft web site ,both 32 and 64 bit versions(my W7 runs 64 bit version)
Is there an order to install Visual studio and Speedy ?
It would ne nice to have a read me file somehow in the future .
I am motivated to test your program because it seems to fit my requirements very well .
I will donate 30 euros if it works and is usefull for what I want to do and if not , provide feedback.
Jean-louis from Belgium
hermoye

Re: speedypainter (SP) will not run

Postby speedypainter » 03/06/2014, 10:30

Hi!
Thank you for the feedback!
From the screen extract you posted it looks that your graphics card does not support OpenGL 3.0, so I suppose this is the reason of the error at SpeedyPainter startup. Have you tried to update your graphics drivers?
Unfortunately SpeedyPainter needs a graphics card that support OpenGL 3.0 to run.
I am working on trying to extend the software compatibility with more dated hardware, but this is not an easy task, since some of the features requiresome OpenGL extensions, that were not available in previous OpenGL specifications.

About the visual studio redistributables question, if you install the "windows installer" version (not the portable one), you don't need to install anything else, and just to follow the setup instructions.

Thank you a lot for your feedback, and for the detailed informations, this is very useful :)

Kind regards,
Andrea
speedypainter
Amministratore

Postby hermoye » 03/06/2014, 11:55

Thanks for fast reply.
So I went searching for openGL 3.0 drivers .
I selected www.driverboost.com who runned a test program to diagnose that 20 drivers on my PC were outdated (could be but I do not need them)
and proposed to update them for an unknown price ...until I "fill in" all my info .
(common practice from site who practice the "forced buy" **)
So I went away to discover that my PC was somehow locked and I was unable to even start a browser !
I thus uninstalled driverboost shit and it works back as normal SO

can you suggest a clean practice web site who provides OpenGL 3.0 drivers ?
Of course I only have the standard HW of the GIADA so maybe I try the impossible BUT I do not intend to do any 3D stuff so it can be slow
as far as I can use the 2D features of your program .
I have aGeForce 210 on my main CPU but your SW will go there after checks ..for reasons like the one above .

Jean-Louis
**: another feedback : the site www.fixya.com provided me with another nice experience sometimes ago .
I used it for no solution to my problem except that I paid a one month fee and they had my Mastercard info .
No way to stop my affiliation on their web site !!! and they billed me several hundred dollars (original bill 10$) until I
had to use the Mastercard comlpany itself for fraudulent use of a card .Mastercard stopped the card and went after them .
hermoye

Postby hermoye » 03/06/2014, 12:52

While I am busy and motivated for Speedypainter I found that the graphics processor of the GIADA i35V supports openGL 3.0
with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600
So what's wrong ? missing driver? or else

COPY FROM MANUFACTURER WEB SITE (openGL 3.0 is at end)

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 or GMA 3600 is an integrated processor graphics card (e.g. in the Atom N2600) without dedicated memory. It is based on a PowerVR SGX 545 design similar to the GMA 500 (SGX 535). In theory the GPU should support DirectX 10.1 but at launch only DirectX 9 support was available.

The gaming performance is very bad and many games are not even running at all.

Compared to the HD 3650, the 3600 is clocked slower (400 vs 640MHz).

The GMA 3600 also includes an integrated video decoder to handle some types of HD videos and supports an HDMI output.

Manufacturer Intel
Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 Series

Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3650
4/0 cores @ 640MHz ? Bit
Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600 4/0 cores @ 400MHz ? Bit

Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3150
2/0 cores @ 200MHz ? Bit
Codename Cedar Trail
Architecture PowerVR SGX5
Pipelines 4 / 0 Pixel- / Vertexshader
Core Speed * 400 MHz
Shader Speed * 400 MHz
Shared Memory yes
DirectX DirectX 9.1
technology 32 nm
Features OpenGL 3.0
Date of Announcement 01.11.2011
hermoye

Postby speedypainter » 03/06/2014, 13:08

mm, maybe it is a driver issue.

This link should help you update your intel graphics accelerator drivers:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

hope this can help!
Thank you for your precious feedback :)

Kind regards,
Andrea
speedypainter
Amministratore

Postby hermoye » 03/06/2014, 14:47

Thanks , I will try install and let you know;
For now I am out of this for about two days.
hermoye

Return to Problems at Startup